For several days now, Nicehash has lain stricken, after its compromise and theft of a near 78 million dollars. Therefore, it is time we spoke about a potential alternative method of mining on video cards.
While Nicehash may not have been an ideal in all regards, it was a very convenient crypto-currency mining ministry: The application could be downloaded, the application, drive the purse in there, press “START” and get payments in Bitcoins without unnecessary fuss about how it all works. Now we will try to do without it.
- 1. First, we register on the Bittrex.com exchange.
- 2. We then navigate to the Wallets tab and enter “ETC” (without quotes) into the search box. Having found Ethereum Classic, we then press +. We copy the received ETC address into a text document and save it. We will come to need this later.
- 3. We go to the section Lab -> Auto-Sell
- 4. In the search, we again write “ETC” without quotes and press Enter. The system finds Ethereum Classic. Click on the button “Enable Auto-Sell” opposite to it.
- 5. We go to section of support of mining-pool ETC . Download the archive with the latest version of the Miner Claymore .
- 6. Unpack Claymore.zip on the computer, look for the file etc-pool.bat and open it in notepad. Then change the purse address to your own, which we saved in the second paragraph in a separate file. If anything, the address is after -ewal. We close, save and exit.
- 7. We press twice on etc-pool.bat, after which the mining should begin. Sometimes Windows prevents the launch of files with the extension .bat – in this case you need to allow the alarm system to start the security system, then start the “batch file” again.
- 8. After a few minutes, you can go to the page statistics pool, where in the upper right corner to drive your wallet from point 2 and click search and see the statistics of your farm. if the video card is one, you need to wait a little longer, because alone it works very slowly, where it slowly looks for solutions and sends them to the pool.
- 9. Every few days we go to Bittrex in the Wallets section, write in the BTC search and check our balance, which is listed opposite the word “Bitcoin”. Did you collect enough money? We deduce it on your local wallet!
Under this instruction, you can run the mining of any coin. Ethereum Classic has been chosen in this example, simply because I like it!